4. Niki - Celebrate your assets and embrace your curves
We spend far too much time focusing on hiding the parts of our body that we’re not totally happy with it’s time for a change! Make 2018 the year that you embrace your assets and curves and stop wasting time on all that negativity. When I’m with a new client I ask them to list the parts of their body that they ARE happy with, it’s a great exercise to do as it forces them to think beyond what they consider to be their flaws. You should try it! If you’re struggling to identify any (and I really hope you’re not) ask your partner or a friend, I can guarantee they’ll reel off a ton of things! Once you’ve identified them start to buy and wear clothes that show them off!
5. Shannan - Ensure that you have the proper basics to build a foundation for a great wardrobe
Make sure you have invested in quality basics which help to build your wardrobe and will set the foundation for the rest of your pieces. These style essentials will allow you to mix-and-match looks and play with color and textures. When choosing your basic clothing essentials, it's important to consider the fit, length, flattering cuts for your shape and making sure your clothes feel comfortable. Here are 10 basics for a great wardrobe to get you started: a little black dress, a blazer, dark wash jeans, a black pencil skirt, black trousers, white button-down shirt, black or neutral pumps, a pair of flats, accessories, and a structured handbag. Every piece in your wardrobe should reflect your personal style, and that includes your basics.
6. Darlene - Style on the outside can be effected by how you feel on the inside and vice versa so dress in clothing that makes you feel confident.
For example, how did you feel that last time you stood up at the boardroom table to share a brilliant idea, chances are if you were not confident in the clothing you were wearing you may not have stood up at all.
We have the choice to make our outfit work for us or against us each day, clothing can make you look and feel like a million dollars or not… Our lifestyles can change, we take on a bigger role in our companies, become mother’s or father’s, divorce or move to a different country etc. these life changes will effect our lifestyle and so may confuse our style. In order to make sense of it all we need to know who we are, right down to the basics. So how do we take control so we can be confident in our clothing choices:
1) Learn about your body shape – knowing your body shape will help you understand which styles flatter your body.
2) Consult with a personal stylist for advise on your skin tone and which colours suit you – knowing the colours that flatter your skin tone can make you look 10 years younger
3) Post your favorite outfits to a Pinterest board to figure out your style personality – your style personality will give you an idea of the clothing you prefer to wear. This information along with your body shape and colour will give you a great foundation.
4) Finally take into consideration your lifestyle, what do you do for a living, do you have a hobby, go to gym, what are the percentages of time in a week you spend on each. Once you have this information then you will then be able to divide your shopping budget appropriately so not to over spend on areas you don’t spend much time in.
Remember if you are not the DIY kind of person consult a personal stylist to do it all for you, it will save you time and money in the long run. Xx